Position: Senior Pastor
LedgeRock Community Church is currently seeking a full time Senior Pastor in Ely Minnesota.
The following is a list of links and documents related to requirements of the position.
How Do I Apply?
All applicants must apply through our conference (Converge North Central).
Want to Get a better feel for the town? Check out these videos.
Church History Highlights:
- In 1950, a group of believers in Ely joined together to meet in homes. Formal organization of the church took place April 19, 1953 when the group joined the Minnesota Baptist Conference and the Baptist General Conference. It was at this time that they called the first pastor, Clifford Holm. The next pastor, Phil McLain ministered from 1958 to 1964
- In the early 1960’s, the Ely area began suffering from the iron mine closings and the church lost several key families. After the formation of a committee with members from the Minnesota Conference and the Ely and Soudan Baptist Churches, it was decided that Ely and Soudan would share a pastor. Gerry Young and Leo Dellaire each served in this capacity. In 1973 each church returned to separate pastors.
- James Sanders was called to pastor the Ely church in 1976 after an interim pastor and an eighteen-month pastorate by Marvin Ecklund. During Pastor Sander’s two years in Ely, the faltering work began a positive trend. Scott and Beth Pearson accepted a call to the church in Sept. 1978 and served faithfully for the next thirteen years, leaving in Sept. 1991. During Pastor Pearson’s first years in Ely, the church constitution was rewritten, the mortgage on the church and parsonage was burned and the church became self-supporting, no longer needing help from the Conference.
- After much discussion, prayer and research, the church voted in 1984 to build a new church. The church was designed and constructed by our own people and it remains a very functional building. The first service in the new church was held in July, 1986. By the summer of 1987, the stained glass windows, made by church members and friends, were completed. Other projects were also completed in time for the church dedication held in July 1987.
- Pastor Bob Dalberg accepted a call and began his service in July 1992. He served until 1998.
- In April of 1999, Pastor Kevin Hanson accepted a call and served until January, 2008.
- In Sept. 1998, the last mortgage payment for the church was paid, three years ahead of schedule.
- In June, 2006, an addition to the church was constructed to provide handicap access and better traffic flow.
- Pastor Joel Hasz accepted a call and served from 2008 - 2016
- Pastor Angus McDonald accepted the call as "Interim Pastor" in 2016 and is currently serving
- A transition team served from 2017 - 2018 and worked through an important transition process in preparation for calling a new pastor. This process included looking at our history, healing, vision work, changing leadership structure and updating the constitution and by-laws.